Saturday, 1 August 2015

50th Wedding Anniversary

My Parents will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary on 4th July 15! 50 years of marriage..of togetherness..of highs and lows and so many incidents, circumstances that they might have rejoiced or overcome.

I had this wish that I would see my parents get re-married, since we had missed it the first time :) But when I proposed this idea to them they were dead against it. They both dont want any formal celebration and rather after lot of coaxing my mother said we will celebrate by going some place in the vacation kids will have! Really? Since then I have been wondering what must have been their thought process? If I was nearing my 50th anniversary, I would have loved to celebrate in many ways than one. But perhaps by the time you get that age, the wishes fade out is it? Your health perhaps play a spoil sport?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.