Monday, 13 October 2014

100th Post....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every step has an importance...every milestone is a conquest...here we are at the 100th post of Aamcho-Konso led by Senoritas :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dips suggested a brilliant concept of celebrating Kumaris, there by celebrating woman and what could have been more apt than that? Further your thoughts will make this post more meaningful.

Here is from Dips on 100th post...
CELEBRATING SENORITAS.
What better way to celebrate the 100th post then worshipping the kumaris !!!
When Madhavi said “share ideas for the 100th post” . I thought talking about the bond a woman shares with another woman should be the apt one.
We all must have come across the forward about a mother telling her daughter who is just married to stay connected with her girlfriends all throughout. I am sure we all will agree with it. Some things are best shared with your women friends there’s no denying to it
For the Navratri I had said mummy has kumari puja.
These are our Kumaris
 .

Even I was once called and I wondered what ‘s this fuss . I did not enjoy it and told my Aaji please do not take me next time .( actually I did not like the mugga ganthi and khatkhate so typical serving in GSB houses in Goa then)Now I realise it is about celebrating the essence of the feminine part of the nature, as there are very few rituals where  young girls are even allowed to participate.
We all must have heard and  read about what it is to be a woman. Let us all say it in our own words for the 100th post of Senoritas.
This is what I have to say, I always thought, there would be no restrictions and prohibitions of any kind on me if I was a boy. Yes I did thought, right from feeling bored to do waxing to cooking. Why only the woman/girls do that. But this changed till I had a daughter. She though very small made me realise that being a born a girl you bring joy along. And that is what we should spread all along.

Viva Senoras!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my contribution:

God made two specific caricature...Man & Woman. What must have been in his mind when he made women is topic of huge discussions however to me....the first thoughts that flow when I think of girl, woman..this is what comes to me. Woman is beauty, she defines strength, she challenges courage, she evokes passion, she rides on intelligence or perhaps rare these days......the common sense:)
She also has a dark side to her and they say better not to tease a woman to bring out her dark side! Sometimes this amalgam of wonder powers turns frail, weak, lonely and at times used perhaps because of the circumstances thrown on her. 

From Childhood, I have been brought up to believe that Man heads the family, he gets the first right but woman is the strength behind this. That woman will bind the household, that she has the powers to heal and she can roar when there is calamity. Two women responsible for imparting early insights to me are both of my grandmothers, one aggressive and other calm. One woman through her actions is responsible to make me what I am - my mother. 
One woman to make me believe my learning continues is my mother-in-law. And one woman who has brought fresh perspective to my life, taken me next level and instills the faith that is there wonderful journey ahead....my daughter!
My giggling, my laughter, my wit, my thinking wheel is running better cause of MY SENORITAS.....
Cheers to the bond...Cheers to Womanhood..





2 comments:

  1. Well said dips.....cheers to womanhood.. The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....Madhavi and Dipa have penned down so beautifully. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.